Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Fever

I don't like to complain...oh nevermind I really do. I have been down with the flu since Saturday evening. After a couple of really bad days I have felt quite a bit better but my low grade fever has been dragging on and on. I really hope it is gone today because my dad and his wife are coming in to Nashville this weekend and we are supposed to go up and see them. Of all of the weekends the flu had to walk in on, it had to be this one. ;) So enough of my crying...
All around outside spring is happening. My creeping phlox is a blanket of color right now. The Butterscotch Jessamine above actually had buds on it back in January and was the first thing to bloom in the garden this year.I even have a bloom on my strawberry plant. :)
And finally my daffodil is getting ready to bloom too.

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hopefully you will perk up soon. Your garden certainly perked me up. So nice to see all the life in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. You're flowers are looking good.

Kiy said...

I too hope you are feeling better soon. Yuck and a half! Your garden looks so happy already. Of course, it's still feels like the frozen north up here (maybe because it is?), but we keep having these little glimpses of spring. Our daffodils are sprouting be we are not yet seeing any color.

Cheers, Kiy

Gail said...

I hope you are perked up? It's going to be pleasant in nashville this weekend, but do bring a jacket for the cooler evenings! Cheekwood might be looking nice, and there is the Frist Museum! Btw, not to be sidetracked by Nashville tourism...your garden blooms look delightful! gail

Lythrum said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies. :) And thanks for the tourist tips Gail. My dad is staying at the Gaylord and I'm interested to see their gardens. I don't know what they have cooked up but I'll keep your suggestions in mind. :)

Phoenix C. said...

You have some interesting plants there! I particularly like the butterscotch jessamine.

The Country Experience said...

Hope you are feeling better and able to enjoy a visit with them.

Aiyana said...

Hope you're feeling better now! Seems late for flu--but I guess it can happen any time. It's interesting to read that people in other climes are just now seeing plants coming up. We're almost in summer now!
Aiyana

countrypeapie said...

I can almost taste the strawberries!