Friday, April 09, 2010

An Annual?

Annuals are not something that I typically buy. After all, you only get to see them for one year and then they are gone. I mean, it's almost like throwing your money away! But while we were at Lowe's last weekend, I saw these beautiful snapdragons and knew that they had to be mine. We're in the middle of a huge overhaul of the backyard garden right now, and I am so tired. It has been heavy lifting and digging for the last few weekends, to get out the old weedy gravel and dirt, pulling up the endless horsetail runners and runners from the sod in the front yard that crept in unannounced and avoiding the fire ants and hornets that are not very happy with us. All the while keeping the Gnomeslayer from drinking pondwater, pulling up my lotus tuber (again and again), squashing earthworms, whacking me in the head with bamboo and eating dirt. I need a vacation from my pasttime!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Snapdragon is very pretty.
Horsetail is the worst isn't it? Reading about your hard work makes my muscles ache. All your back breaking toil will make you happy in the long run; Right after you soak for a very long time in a hot tub.