
This weekend we got the final corner of the garden finished. I used some of the rocks that we had, and the old small pond liner, and made a water fountain in the corner. There is no pond anymore, just the fountain. When the last fish died, we decided to put off putting another pond in for a few years and take a break from pond maintenance. I do like having the sound of running water in the garden, and this is a pretty easy way to do it. No more cleaning out pond scum and fish poop for a few years. Of course then no water lily either, but I can always get another one later. Of course, I could still use one more bag of gravel to finish filling the tub. And then I can spend the summer looking through nurseries to finish off the plantings around the fountain.
3 comments:
Hi Lythrum~~ Did you drill a hole in the slate for the fountain or did you buy it this way?
Nice job. The sound of trickling water is such a nice part of gardening.
My husband drilled the holes for me. We had some leftover 1/2 inch tubing, and just happened to have a 1/2 inch masonry bit so it worked out. :)
Lythrum
All your hard work ! Wow!
What a lovely fountain ... Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season brings.
Post a Comment