Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sad

I think that today more than any other day the realization finally set in that we are leaving. As in not going to be living here any more, and I won't see the people that I have gotten so close to. One would think that would have occured to me when we decided that we were going to move, but somehow even the trip to Alabama and signing with the realtor to sell the house didn't have that impact. McCrankypants and some of my co-workers set up a potlock luncheon for me today, seperate from the more elaborate luncheon at the Mexican restaurant next week. It was very touching, and really made me realize that I wouldn't be working with them anymore. Thanks again M, for arranging that. :)

So arrangements for our house are proceeding, and still waiting to hear what's going on with my job in AL. We came home today, ate supper and then headed over to Lowe's to check out the cost of trailers. We'd priced renting a moving truck from UHaul or Penske, and it was going to be pretty darned expensive. So we are thinking that we will just buy a trailer and hook it to the truck and we won't be throwing our money away. We had a town meeting at church so that the pastor and elders could solicit input on future plans for the church. Even though we're leaving, they asked us to attend and participate. So we stopped by expecting to spend maybe a half hour or an hour at the outside, and then head to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and donuts. TWO HOURS LATER, we rolled out of there and then had to come straight home to get ready for bed. Oh well, will have to get the donuts later I guess. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed the potluck, dearie. Between the brownies and the flan, I was ready to roll on the floor and groom behind my ears. ;)

I'm still reserving the right to stow away in one of your boxes next weekend. *stealthily makes air holes in box*

Lythrum said...

You wouldn't have to stow away with me, declare yourself free and proud. ;) Hope you enjoyed your day off today. :)

Serdic said...

I'm a fan of flan!