
I have sworn many times in my life that I will NEVER buy another piece of put-it-together-yourself furniture. Throughout our married life we have built bookshelves, computer desks, tables, chairs, microwave carts and each time has left us nearly strangling each other. We needed to replace my computer desk since my old one was left in North Carolina. So we picked up a new one at Office Depot, and put it together today. I swear whoever designed it must have been smoking crack. The desk itself is very sturdy and looks very nice, but I have never put anything together that was such a pain in the arse.
On to good things! The picture above is my new kitchen, and I am in love with it. I can't wait to start cooking stuff, I can get in a lot of trouble in here. We did a stocking up trip to the grocery store today, and aside from cardiac arrest from the grocery bill we didn't do too bad. As soon as I unpack my cookbooks I will be in business!
1 comment:
My dad cut down a 4mm allen key for me so that I could use it as a drill bit. Of all the DIY stuff I've done though, my kitchen island was the worst. I spent about an hour trying to get the counter top screwed in.
The kitchen looks great!
Post a Comment