So for a bit of an update, the house in North Carolina closed. I have been so worried that something would happen and the buyer would back out, and we wouldn't be able to get our new house. So now I am very relieved and can finally let myself get excited about our new home-to-be. We went out to eat last night to celebrate at TGI Fridays and unfortunately had a very mediocre meal with an unpleasant server. We did go to Best Buy and Linens and Things so that made up for it. I officially bought the first items for our new house, a couple of sets of kitchen towels and a painting. The original color in the new kitchen was a rust-red color, not really what I wanted. So one of the things that we wanted was for them to repaint it a color of our choosing. We picked out a moss green-gray color that I really liked. I think that it was a good choice because it made the room look lighter and more airy than it was before. So the kitchen towels and painting go with the moss-green look.
We have lots of things to get ready for next Friday, when the new house closes. We will be busy this weekend doing some shopping. We had a big bonfire at our friend's house tonight, burning the boxes from their move. My little firebug had a lot of fun setting them on fire of course. I made some supper for them tonight, some potato hash and tomato gravy, which was a big hit. Other than that, I'm kind of a drag to be around I guess, because my new pumpkin time is around 8 or 9 at night. Since I get up at 4:45 am every morning, I'm already starting to nod off around 8. The new job is going well, changes are slowly happening. It's hard to try to make changes and improve stuff when you have to keep the place going. On the downside, my digital camera seems to have crapped itself, so no new pictures until I get another one. Other than that, not much to report, looks like it will be a good weekend. :)
1 comment:
Yay! Fire!
Post a Comment