I was really glad for the weekend to get here, it seemed to be a very long week. We have been going out to get stuff so we'll be ready to move in on Friday. We had to get the oil changed in the car, and then went for breakfast at Denny's. We stopped at Pier 1 and I picked up a new rug for the kitchen, a gray rag rug. I also got a neat candle with a holder. Next stop was Lowe's, where we stood and argued for a while over what blinds we wanted to get, and then gave up and decided that we could agree on curtains earlier. We went to look at some furniture stores for a nice bookcase and were gasping from sticker shock. Bath and Beyond yielded a set of curtains for the master bedroom, along with the rods that match the bathroom hardware, and a bamboo silverware holder. Next stop was Nothing but Noodles, a restaurant that specializes in pasta dishes. The final stop was Wal-Mart where I picked up a new cutting board and some bedsheets.
So the shopping list is getting shorter, we're getting very impatient to get moved in. The boys are out with another moving box bonfire, which is nice to do since it's getting chillier out now at night. I hang out for a little while, and then come back in. I get sleepy really early now that I get up so early, so I don't last too long. Other than that, I'm making more potato hash for breakfast tomorrow and probably some tomato gravy too. We need to get to Best Buy tomorrow so that I can get a new digital camera, and we're probably going to hit the bookstore. Definately a fun day, but also very tiring.
1 comment:
Chilly, eh? For Alabama, that's what... 95?
Post a Comment