Sunday, January 28, 2007

Aloo Gobi



I finally got around to making this, I've been meaning to for a while. The recipe can be found here: http://www.pakupaku.info/indian/aloo_gobi.shtml. It turned out really good, though I had a ginger root that was woodier than what it should have been. I used a whole jalapeno rather than 1/4 of one and it came out just right for my spiciness level. I also used chopped up onion and garlic in it instead of the hing powder (forgot to get it while I was at the Indian store), and I can't feature making anything savory without garlic and onions.

It was a very quiet weekend, after my shopping yesterday I was happy to stay home today. We did go out and get groceries, but other than that we didn't go anywhere. I'm not especially looking forward to work this week, but it always seems to go by really fast so at least that's a good thing. :)

2 comments:

Serdic said...

Mmmm... /drool. One of my friends is from India, and he's a vegetarian. I may have even set the expectation that I'll cook for him the next time he comes to town.

This looks so, so, so good!

Lythrum said...

This is my new favorite way to make cauliflower. :) Lots of flavor, just be careful of using too much ginger. The Dal Makhani I have posted here is really good too.