
I haven't worked on quilting since I moved down here. It's been so hectic and I've just existed. But I have been feeling some stirrings of normalcy, and today I ventured into the fabric store for the first time since we got here. I am still working on quilting the kaleidoscope quilt in the picture above but I am starting on a game plan for a new one. It is a major commitment to me to pick out the fabric and pattern for a new one, almost on par with getting married. ;) Because I do everything by hand, it takes me years to finish one once I get it started. And that's just small ones I've made. I intend to do a queen sized one for our bedroom. So I've had out my stacks of quilting magazines and books, trying to find my prince charming of a pattern. I picked out some nice fabrics while I was there. I also ventured downtown to find the Indian store to pick up some spices. I'm planning on making aloo gobi tomorrow, we'll see how it turns out.
2 comments:
Seeing the picture made me think of the day you took me into the quilt store in J'ville. That was a good day. :) I'm still surprised I walked out of there empty-handed. ;)
The only reason you walked out of there is that I've already gotten you into too many other things that cost a lot of money. ;)
Post a Comment