Friday, January 26, 2007
Geek in the Kitchen
I would say that I have quite a few cookbooks. Okay, I have LOTS of cookbooks. The problem is that when I want to try to figure out stuff to make, I get daunted by the selection and end up making the same old stuff. So in a flash of brilliance (and computer nerdiness), I decided to make a recipe index. Basically I am taking one cookbook at a time and going through the whole thing, noting which recipes I want to try. I'm then entering them into a spreadsheet with categories divided by tab, the recipe name, the cookbook title and the page that it appears on. That way if I decide I want to bake cookies, I can go to the cookies tab. If I want to find main courses to make for dinner, I can go to that tab. Let's just say that I have quite a way to go on this, but the challenge is fun. And hopefully it will help me tame my cookbook library. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment