Tuesday, January 02, 2007

On the Road Again

I'd just started to feel settled in and comfortable in my new job/office and now it's time to move again. In order to make sure that I won't be disturbed in preparing for my new position, my manager/friend had me moved out of the warehouse office that I've been working in. My new digs are an office space that was recently vacated when another department cleared out. I have an office all to myself now, with a window.....that looks out into the inside of the building. ;) It joins into two large empty rooms that had cubicles in them, and the remnants of moving...dust, clutter and emptiness. I walked in and felt so alone. It's kind of silly, my new office is not that far away from where I was, and I can see the people outside, but still. :) I'm going to miss the lady that I shared my office with, and having my people coming in to see me and..well...having people at all. ;)

I'm an unlikely sort of supervisor/manager, because I really don't like dealing with people that much, and think of it more as a necessary evil of earning a paycheck. I've been told that I'm better at it than I give myself credit for. But my employees have really grown on me in the last couple of months and I'm going to miss them. You know that most potent of curses - may you get what you deserve...or another - may you lead an interesting life. ;)

No comments: