Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall-ish

It has been chilly and dark for the last few mornings that I have left for work. I get to see the moon rising over the cotton fields, and the dew on the grass. There is a slight change in coloration on the mountains as I go home in the evenings. I can't wait for fires in the fireplace, hot chocolate and wrapping up on the couch to read. I also love bonfires outside, roasting marshmallows and making big pots of chili. My 'Arabian Nights' Dahlia is still faithfully plugging away and has flowers on it. I hope that I do a better job next year of keeping up with all of the happenings going on in my garden, this year has been too exhausting. On the brighter side, when I fed the fish tonight, look what happened:
That's right, fish actually showed up! Okay, it's a first for me so I'm excited. As I was walking over to check out the happenings in the pond a frog hopped off of the lilypad into the water. I tried to get a picture of it but it refused to cooperate.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

lovely dahlia, you make the cooler nights coming sound so appealling with the hot chocolate!