There is a small nursery that I pass on my way to work every morning. It took me a while before I finally stopped by, mostly because small nurseries usually don't have that much to see. This one proved to be an exception. I found several good steppable plants at the beginning and kept meaning to go back with my camera. You know what they say, better late than never. :)
They have a pretty goo.d collection of succulents, which I may have to revisit when I redo my succulent bird feeder next year.
There are still quite a few plants that are blooming, and among them I found...
My beloved 'Bishop of Llandoff' dahlia. I had just planted one in North Carolina before we moved and it broke my heart to leave it behind. Can you believe that I didn't walk out with one? Believe me, I regret it now. ;)
See who I found at home amongst the plants?
And finally, more evidence that fall is finally here. :) Happy Green Thumb Sunday!
Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.
8 comments:
I love visiting independant nurseries around here. They always have a nice variety of healthy plants you can't usually find in the big commercial nurseries. I've also resisted buying a lot of plants this fall, and now and then, regret not doing it. It stayed hot so long I just couldn't face digging the holes!
Aiyana
Digging around in this hard clay here is probably the number one reason my plant buying is down. Planting usually involves building raised beds etc, so it takes the sponaneous nature out of it. :)
thanks for the garden tour, sometimes the smaller garden centers have more unusual plants. Love the dalhia.
Very nice photo of the spider. Do you know what kind of spider it is? Cheers. -- Good Acres
It looks like a common orb spider, and really closely matches the picture shown at this site: http://garden.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Spider_Identification
I'm no expert of course. :) They used to weave their webs in the window frames at my grandmother's house and freak me out when I was a kid. I like them now. ;)
Looks like a great place to visit. I love succulents but here in Iowa most are houseplants. Love the spider pic also.
I've never seen that dahlia before, very pretty! I keep wishing one of those spiders would come back to my garden -- they are great to photograph!
Post a Comment