Today was another beautiful autumn day. The sky is bright blue and there are puffy white clouds everywhere. The seedhead for my Joe Pye Weed is featured above. A shot of the treeline in the backyard is featured below.
There are still a bunch of flowers blooming, but most of them are the regulars that I have been featuring for a while. So I figured I'd try to find some things a little different to post about. I got some pond maintenance done finally today which is a good thing. The water lily had taken it over and the poor fish barely had any water surface left.
So today I pulled out the lily and gave it a very big haircut. I also got rid of the bamboo spout because it hasn't worked very well and keeps getting plugged up. So I took the hose and tucked it under the rocks so it can spit directly into the water. The whole pond thing is going to have to get retooled next year so I'm not going to try for anything more elaborate right now. I do love the look of the alyssum spilling over the side.
3 comments:
Your blue sky looks so pretty, it will be interesting to see what you do with your pond next year!
Nice photos. Sometimes the seedheads are just as interesting to look at as the flowers in bloom!
Great photos. I love your pond. You have so many plants I'm unfamiliar with. It's fun to read about them.
Aiyana
Post a Comment