Saturday, October 25, 2008

It can't ever be easy

We went to my favorite lunchtime getaway today to take some pictures for my book. The Catbird Seat is a nursery that is only a few miles away from my work. I have a whole bunch of pictures to post for Green Thumb Sunday tomorrow but today I thought I'd focus on this. My grandpa loved owls and collected anything that he could find with an owl on it. He was also an avid gardener though he was mostly into vegetables. When I saw this owl statue I had to have it to put out in my garden so that I could think of him when I saw it.


We also had a little drama this morning because the battery in the car died and we had to get it jumped. The people in the nursery were extremely nice and backed their 1-Ton landscaping truck up to jump it for us. In the meantime the lady gave Quickbeam a decorative gourd to keep her busy while the grownups worked. Thank goodness she's at the age where she can still be distracted by things like that. ;)

No comments: