Saturday, November 15, 2008

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day - November 2008

There are very few things left blooming in my garden right now. Oddly enough, my Neptune (above) rose bush is absolutely covered with buds right now. There are even a few on my Elle (below) bush beside it. They are in a protected alcove in the front side of the house and that might be their secret. They even had rain droplets on them this morning, to make the perfect pictures.
The only other rose bud was on Gingersnap, but it wasn't that open yet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lythrum, what beautiful roses. I love that color on Gingersnap. I do think being in that protected area helps everything. Hope the buds on Neptune get to reach their full potential!
Frances

Unknown said...

those are pretty! Love the raindroplets on the petals.

Lythrum said...

I snuck out at 9 pm tonight and cut off all of thee buds that had started to open up. We're supposed to get to 30 degrees tonight so I wanted to bring them in. 11 buds all told, and a few yet that hadn't started to open. Not too shabby for November. Thanks all for visiting. :)

Carol Michel said...

Roses in November is pretty good. They do hang on for a long time it seems.
Thanks for joining in for bloom day!
Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Rosemary said...

Hi Lythrum , how pretty your roses are even at this late time of the year.

Lythrum said...

Thank you Carol, thanks for hosting such a wonderful event. I love visiting other people's blogs. :) And thanks Rosemary, you'll have to let us know how that daylily turns out. :)

Horselip's Horse Sense said...

Hello Lythrum, Thanks for visiting my blog this past bloom day. My computer went into the shop so this is the first day i've been able to check out your blog.
Very nice. Your roses are gorgeous. I especially love the pic of the geranium blooms peeking out from the mums. I hope things keep blooming for a while

Lythrum said...

Thanks very much for the kind words. :)