Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bennett's Nursery Trip

This morning the Gnomeslayer and I went on a trip to Bennett's while DH went to get a haircut. It was a beautiful day to be outside and the flowers were blooming. I noticed some of the detail on the sidewalks that I hadn't noticed before, shown in the above picture. The azaleas were blooming.

As were the hellebores.


This is a Brazilian Glory bush.


The whole morning was kind of ruined because someone was burning something closeby. The smell of smoke was hanging around and it was making me queasy. I didn't want to keep the peanut out in it so we did a quick look around and then headed out. I did pick up a couple of creepy crawly plants to put out in the scree garden, so I have to get them put out later today.

5 comments:

countrypeapie said...

Nice plants! I like the sidewalk art. People burn stuff around here all the time. I don't mind if it's organic material (brush and such), but often it smells as though there's plastic and other toxic stuff smoking around in the pile. Blech.

Lythrum said...

Normally brush or leaf smoke doesn't bother me too much, but I wasn't ready for it first thing in the morning. :)

Rosemary said...

Love just browsing at the garden centers tho rarely come home with nothing...... Great photos ,the Brazilian Glory Bush is new to me.Gorgeous.

The Country Experience said...

Neat leaf imprints in the sidewalk!

Pretty plants, too.

red studio said...

A beautiful blog and pretty flowers photos. Funny story about gnomeslayer...good stuff.