
This isn't Neptune, before I start, it's the Callirhoe that I bought from High Country Gardens last year and planted in my scree garden. It didn't do well in its first spot so I moved it, then couldn't remember if that was where I moved it and that it was actually a weed that I was doting over. But I shouldn't have questioned myself, it was indeed the Callirhoe and it has rewarded me. On to the title. I have been a bad rose custodian of late. Mostly because I was pregnant, then I had a newborn, and now I have a toddler. I've meant to prune them, meant to treat their diseases etc, but it just hasn't happened. My Neptune rose has been drastically leaning to one side since last year. I tried to shape it some as I cut flowers and meant to give it a good pruning later, but alas it didn't happen. So today Neptune got scalped and cut back pretty good. It was leaning into the camellia bush beside it and I didn't want to put it off anymore.
I also got the front beds cleaned up some, got the primroses pulled up (like they'll ever be gone!), and some of the dead stuff trimmed back that I was supposed to have already done. Otherwise, I was busy with the little one. This weekend has been especially rough, because I am on medication that I had to stop breastfeeding her while I was taking and believe me, she isn't taking it well. It's been a looooooong weekend, and not in a good way. Here are some more pictures of the happenings around our place. The following roses are blooming:
Joseph's Coat
Angel Face
Gingersnap
And finally, my ice plant finally got blooms on it this year:
6 comments:
Your roses are beautiful , I am planning on putting in Joesph's Coat climber and your photo has reinforced that idea.
You may have neglected them some, but your roses are gorgeous! Hope your medication issue is resolved soon so the gnomeslayer can be happier!
Great reason for not doing garden chores...mine is just being lazy or wanting to come in from out of the sun! But with an unhappy baby who wants to nurse I would head out in 90 degree weather to clean up the garage! Out of her sight was the best thing for you! Moms every where are nodding their heads. Your roses are lovely...and I just planted a deep purple callirhoe last fall! Hopefully the med issues are resolving! gail
Med issues have been resolved and I have a happy baby again. ;) Thanks very much for the comments all. :)
Hi there -- I've been out of town and am catching up on your posts. Nursing is one of the things I miss most about having little ones. Glad yours is happy again!
Post a Comment