Today my in-laws are here for a visit. So for the next few days I get a bit of a breather. It seems that from the moment that I come home I have a shadow that follows me everywhere and I can't seem to get anything accomplished. So tonight when I got home, we went to eat at Macaroni Grill for dinner. We had a very good time and got in and out before it got too busy. There was still some light when we got home, so I slipped outside to sneak in a little gardening. The pond pump needed to be cleaned out so I broke out the elbow gloves and got busy. Every time I have to clean out the pump, I always wonder why I put fish in the pond again. Goldfish anyway, they're messy and these hide under the water and I hardly ever see them. I'd have done about as good to put some minnows in there I think. ;) After cleaning the pump I went checking around to see what else was happening.
My Betty Corning clematis has a lot of blooms on it.
7 comments:
Joseph's Coat is a beautiful rose. Lovely photos. Hens and Chicks always remind me of my Grandmother's garden.
Lythrum; You can keep selling me ! Have a nice Break!
Hi Lythrum, a little me time is the best! So glad you are getting some of it. I hate that cleaning of the pump job, that reminds me it probably needs doing again. We have Betty Corning too, it is loaded with buds but not open just yet. Joseph's Coat is a beauty as is the Veteran. We used to eat at a Macaroni Grill where the waiter sang opera for us by request, it was fantastic! I requested *Kill the wabbit* by Elmer Fudd and he did it! HA
Frances
I remember the days with a little one outside the bathroom door! A break is good. I am having rose envy, sun is at a premium here and other perennials get the space. Joesph's Coat is lovely. gail
Thank you for the kind comments ladies. :) Kill the wabbit, that slays me. ;) I'll have to keep it in mind if we go back. What a good sport your waiter was. :)
Your garden sure is busy these days! Hens and chicks remind me of my grandmother's garden, too. She lived in Troy, Alabama, and didn't really garden much, but did grow some succulents.
I know how good that shower felt. :)
::gasp:: Joseph's coat is beautiful.
Post a Comment