Sunday, April 05, 2009

Busy Day

Yesterday was the first really sunny day that we have had free to work outside. We had severe thunderstorms/tornado warnings on Thursday and it was pretty touch and go for a while. So we set out to Lowe's first thing Saturday morning and picked up a new pump for the pond. We started out with weeding out the scree garden. As you can see above, the horsetails have started going nuts. It put out runners under the the landscape fabric and they are popping up everywhere. So I spent a lot of time trying to root up as much of them as I could. Then I pulled out the old pump and put in the new one. Quickbeam kept us jumping, keeping her out of places that she shouldn't be. Then Q mowed the front and back yards. After that I decluttered the junk that had ended up on the back porch over the winter. So by the time we were done, we were DONE. We lounged around for the rest of the evening and today. I had wanted to get my rosebush transferred into the front flower bed but alas it wasn't meant to be. Hope everyone else got to do some gardening too. :)

8 comments:

Kiy said...

What a nice productive day! We didn't do any gardening (hah, us?) but we did work in the house more. Getting to those boxes and it sure does feel good. As you did, we too had our little 'helper' but give her a project and she's off to work on it. Very cute!

Cheers, Kiy

countrypeapie said...

Wow, you got a lot done! Nice to kick back and relax after such a productive day.

Kat said...

Sadly, I spent too much time working on inside projects this weekend. But LoML did some yard work. He replaced the hawthorns that are beside our front walk and planted some petunias in planters. I put out two cute garden stakes that I picked up using a Pier One gift card I'd gotten--one's a cat and one's a dog.

Glad you survived the rough weather...but it looks like you have another batch of cold coming!

Gail said...

Isn't that exactly how it is..."When we were finally done, we were done!" I can tell it was a good done feeling. I hope the freeze misses your garden! gail

Lythrum said...

I have the things that I'm worried about covered for the night, hopefully this will be the last cold snap that we have this spring. I hope everyone's garden makes it through that is threatened right now:) I'm too lazy to do that very often! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Aiyana said...

Believe it or not, it's already getting too warm to be out gardening after 10 AM to 4 PM! Since I'm not an early riser, my gardening chores are limited to late afternoon, but I've been busy too. Mostly cleaning up wind blown debris.
Aiyana

Rosemary said...

Oh I envy you the warm gardening day.......... I did have horsetail in my old garden ........... my sympathies........ never did get rid of it.....

Gail said...

You've been busy! I am thrilled that spring is back...How did your garden fair this past two days? gail