Monday, May 18, 2009

A Crafting Interlude

Some explaination is necessary. My boss is a pretty flambouyant dresser with a fondness for leopardskin. Aside from that she's a pretty conservative gal which led our planner to make a joke about her being Amish. We started laughing, imagininh an Amish lady in a leopardsin bonnet. So when it came time for her birthday I decided to make her a teddy bear, complete with the aforementioned bonnet, complete with gold ric-rac trim.

We're going to surprise her with it, along with her real gift, an Amazon gift certificate to buy books for the Kindle she is supposed to be getting. It took me forever to make the bonnet and dress, because I had help from a 17 month old. ;) So finally I got it cranked out this weekend since her birthday is Friday. I hope that she enjoys it. ;)

9 comments:

onetruth said...

Fabulous job!! She's going to love it!

Kiy said...

Very cute, love it! I am so impressed, gardening, quilting AND sewing. What other hidden talents do you have? :)

Cheers, Kiy

Rurality said...

Too funny!

Rosemary said...

What a cute bear! Think you have started a new trend .
Hopefully your boss will appreciate all the work in it.......

countrypeapie said...

Wonderful -- love it!

Lythrum said...

Thanks all for the kind words. :)

Aiyana said...

What a cute bear! Back in the
1990s, I got obsessed with bear making and spent a fortune buying mohair and suede, going to bear making classes all over the country, buying designer bears, etc. After about 25 bears, I gave up making them and only purchased them from that point. When I finally stopped, I ended up with 104 bears--all designer bears. I've since given away most of them--once the bear rage had passed, not many folks were interested. I've stored the most expensive ones in a large trunk. My daughter took my large miniature bear collection, but doesn't want any more. I'll never take them out again, so I don't know why I bother keeping them.

The Country Experience said...

OMG, that is adorable, and so personalized for her. I am sure she will love it (or loved it, as the case may be).

Lythrum said...

Wow, 104 bears, where did you put them all? ;) Thanks for sharing your story :)