
It's been raining here since about Wednesday, and it looks like no end in sight anytime soon. Yesterday I went outside in a lull and took the Gnomeslayer for a walk to burn off some of her energy. I found quite a few interesting things going on. My Betty Corning clematis, pictured above is putting on a lot of growth, as well as blooms.

I found this Acadian Miss louisiana iris blooming behind a hedge.
My mountain laurel is getting ready to explode with blooms.

And another gratuitous shot of Joseph's Coat. Yes, I have other roses but they aren't as convenient to take pictures of. ;)
4 comments:
Phooey on the rain, tho we will be crying for it later. Gorgeous iris. Impressive how many blossoms on the mountain laurel.
I love mountain laurel. My husband and I used to go camping in the smokies quite a bit -- it blooms wild in the woods there. Beautiful.
Hi Lythrum, we are getting the same rain, again and again. After the drought of the last two years though, it feels wrong to complain. It would be nice to be out there working though, the weeds are getting really big with all this watering. I love Betty Corning, ours has not opened up yet, but has more buds than ever. Joseph's Coat is such a beauty too, and the iris. All wonderful. :-)
Frances
I have cabin fever myself! I wish someone would take me for a walk! The rain feels relentless. But maybe this summer when the droughts arrive...they surely will...our city water won't taste so bad! Beautiful blooms going on in your garden. The roses are delightful and that Betty Corning is a looker! gail
Post a Comment