
It rained yet again today and we had tornado warnings. I heard that a tornado actually touched down a couple of miles from where I work. We had to go hang out in the hallway for about 20 minutes while the storm went over. Definately not my favorite way to spend the day. So on a good note, the plants are still going nuts. The iris pictured above is the deepest purple color that I have seen. Unfortunately it doesn't come true in the picture and looks lighter.

The Peppermint clematis is covered in blooms and they are starting to open up.

And the mountain laurel buds have opened and it is so beautiful. Last year there were three buds total on it. I wouldn't volunteer to count them this year. ;)
6 comments:
Not good to have to wait out storm warnings. Tho I wish you sun the flowers are very happy. Love the mountain laurel and looking forward to seeing the clematis open .
Ooooh, I wish I could come see all your lovelys in person!
Gasping at the mountain laurel -- love it!
This has been a volatile spring...we've had freezes, rain, tornadoes, hail, rain and more rain! The Peppermint Clematis sounds wonderful..I am going to google it. Oh, you have acid soil...you can grow azaleas and mountain laurels...Beautiful laurel! gail
Those mountain laurel flowers are just beautiful, as is the purple iris. In Arizona, we don't have to deal with storm warnings very ofter, but in Monsoon season, high winds do occur and if the downpour is heavy (by our standards, about 2 inches) we have flash flood warnings. Every year we have people driving into washes despite warnings, and they have to be rescued. We have a law now called 'Stupid Motorist' law, that calls for a huge fine and possible arrest.
Aiyana
I know what the Mt. Laurel plant looks like and have seen them many times in the Smokey's -- but have never seen them in bloom! Thanks for sharing! (now I want one!)
Post a Comment