Friday, May 01, 2009

Siberian Irises

Last year I bought a mixed collection of 25 Siberian Irises from Roots & Rhizomes. I picked out one special named variety but I can't remember what the name was. :( I planted them all around the house in various beds. I was disappointed last year because only one bloomed. I was worried that they would be a bust. And then when I was outside this weekend I noticed that there were buds all over them. They finally opened up yesterday and I got some pictures. I don't know which type any of them are, especially because I forgot where I planted the named one that I got. Maybe I'll be able to recognize the color on it. And maybe I'll start keeping better records. ;)


And last but not least, I had planted a baptisia a couple of years ago and it has languished around and never done anything. Until this spring that is. :)

5 comments:

Gail said...

I love Siberian Iris...I am a terrible record keeper, but I do keep the tags and that has helped me ID plants. Wait until next year when the baptisia will be even better. You'll be glad you kept it! gail

Lythrum said...

I usually keep the tags too, it's just a matter of digging around and finding them that eludes me right now. :)

countrypeapie said...

I transplanted some irises from our old house when we moved here, and they didn't bloom the first two years. I was starting to despair again this year, when I noticed just yesterday that there were three buds about to pop on one of them! Nothing yet on the others, but it was enough to make me very happy! Yours is beautiful -- maybe a reader will know what kind it is.

Kat said...

I love irises!

Rosemary said...

Love your iris, beautiful blue.
I had a baptista and loved it looked good all season.