Sunday, January 06, 2013

Bumps in the Road


For the last few weeks, I was refreshed and rested. I had a renaissance of cooking, crafting and doing things around the house. I purposely didn't make any New Years Resolutions, because they typically fail spectacularly within the first few days. I did have some unwritten goals in mind though, not the typical get in shape and lose weight things (though that would be nice). I wanted to try to cook at home except for one weekly meal out. I wanted to reduce buying beverages (especially sodas) from the store. I wanted to make sure that I tried to cook healthy, nutritious food instead of processed foods.

This weekend has been the first test of those goals. I haven't felt like I had any energy. I think we are coming down with something, because DH feels the same way. I forced myself to cook dinner yesterday and today, because we had bought groceries and I didn't want the food to go bad. I would have been happy to spend all weekend on the couch sleeping, but I've tried to do more than that. I did get my sourdough baking done yesterday, made the steak dinner last night, made red beans and rice tonight, and tried to keep my daughter engaged in more than TV watching. I am still making progress on my to-do list, just not sweating it (because I have a whole year). Hopefully my energy level will pick up next weekend.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hoping you haven't caught the bug that is going around... I gave up soda for ice water years ago; surprised me how easy it was. But giving up some favourite foods hasn't been as easy to give up. Still eating healthier is something I try to do too.... Happy New Year.

Lythrum said...

Thanks Rosemary. :) I do not do well with behavior modification, and I think the last couple of weeks has been my body sulking because it isn't getting its way and what it wants. :) Happy New Year to you as well!

Kat said...

Hope you're starting to feel better! Not sure how you keep up with the Gnomeslayer to start with, much less cook real food :D