Throughout the years, I have read and owned many Southern cookbooks. I have seen the Chicken Country Captain recipes - a dish of curried chicken, usually with raisins in it. I have never been tempted to make it, it was just a bit too odd. Over the years though, my palate has changed. I started making and eating curried dishes - starting with Singapore Noodles and then going on to asian curried coconut dishes and also made curried chicken. I have also grown more interested in using fruit in savory dishes, which I was totally NOT into when I was younger. So when I was looking through the dishes in Sarah Foster's Southern Cooking and saw this one, which used dried apricots instead of raisins, I knew I had to try it. It took quite a bit of prep work to get everything set up, but then went together nicely and baked in the oven. The house smelled wonderful, spicy and exotic. GS ate some of the chicken, and DH loved the whole thing. I think it will definitely become a part of our standard cooking.

2 comments:
Looks good!
I'm intrigued. Is that a recipe you can share?
Post a Comment