Saturday, January 12, 2013
Sourdough Saturday - Anadama Bread
I decided that after a quick venture into sourdough quickbreads for the last few weekends that I would try to make "real" bread again. I found the recipe for Sourdough Anadama Bread in my King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook and decided to give it a try. To be honest, at first I thought that the recipe had flopped. The dough didn't seem to be rising nearly enough, and I thought I had messed it up somehow. I put the bowl by the stove while it was rising because the kitchen seemed very cold, but I thought it might have gotten too hot. It baked up lovely, though it was still a bit dense so I might not have done it quite right. The house smelled amazing while it was baking. The bread was dense and moist, with a lovely dark rich flavor from the molasses. I had never had Anadama bread before this, so I wasn't sure what it would come out like, and it is a very nice bread. DH loved it and ate most of it for his lunch sandwiches for the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment