All through the summer the Gnomeslayer and I visited a stand of wild honeysuckle that grows at the dead end in the road. I have taught her the Southern childhood pastime of nipping off the bottom of a flower and sucking out the nectar. I have a honeysuckle in the back yard, a beautiful orange and red one - but alas, it has a flaw. It doesn't smell fragrant at all. So I decided that I would actually plant one of its wild cousins, so that we could enjoy the beautiful flowers and the fragrance. And eventually make the recipe for Honeysuckle Sorbet that I found. GS and I went for a walk on a bright, sunny and cold day before New Year's day and found a likely candidate to bring home. It is now tucked away in the back porch, waiting for spring to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment