Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Angel Face

I went out into the garden yesterday evening to feed the fish and spotted this lovely hiding in the Angel Face rose bush. I have a few blooms straggling on my various roses and I am treasuring each of them. Angel Face made a remarkable recovery from black spot earlier that left it entirely naked of leaves. As she settles into her new home I look forward to many more years of blooms to come.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Lythrum, That is a beautiful rose...what a lovely surprise to find her after she was de-leaved by blackspot! Thank you for stopping by to see Diane!

gail

Aiyana said...

My roses have all put on new growth and buds. They love the fall and the moderate temps. I may have roses most of the winter unless we have frost. The Angel Face is very pretty.
Aiyana

Frances, said...

Hi Lythrum, it is like a treasure hunt to find those still blooming beauties. Such a sweet name too, hope she can fight off the black spot in the future, she is too pretty to be spoiled by it.

Frances
http://fairegarden.wordpress.com/

ps, you might want to change your settings so non blogger users can comment. I just happen to have a blogger account too, but have moved my blog to wordpress.
F

Lythrum said...

Gail - Thanks very much for stopping by and commenting, I enjoyed your blog.

Aiyana - I hope that your roses do last all winter, glad they are blooming. :)

Frances - I'm not sure how to do that, I'll have to check. Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. :)

Kylee Baumle said...

What a pretty little bud! Believe it or not, I had a couple of buds open up this week and the miniature roses have been blooming non-stop since summer! I have a feeling that's all about to change after this weekend, though. Goodbye to our unseasonable warm November weather. It sure was nice while it lasted!

Farryn said...

How lovely that the little bud recovered from black spot! I haven't had such luck this year with mine. But, yours gives me hope.