
My poor garden gnome fell victim to my 15 month old daughter today. I was cleaning out the pond pump and she was running around while hubby was watching her. Neither of us thought it was breakable, I thought it was made out of plastic. She grabbed him to give him a hug and dropped him. Unfortunately his bird-bearing arm was left behind on the cold uncaring gravel. Now I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for another one. :)
RIP
9 comments:
He's in a better place now.
RIP indeed. My condolences to you for this stunning loss. Our two little gnomes were very sad to hear of this injury and held their own arms tightly to their bodies. May you find a replacement that is sturdy enough to withstand excess toddler loving. :-)
Frances
Poor Gnome! We knew you well!
She may be a gnomeslayer, but she's mighty dang cute! (she said, having recently received a picture from the ever-so-proud godmother).
RIP, Cute Gnome. Maybe you could stand him behind something tall, as if he is peeking out. Make him Mischievous Gnome, lol.
My sympathies. I hope your daughter wasn't too traumatized. It would be terrible if she developed some sort of aversion to gnomes because of this incident. Kidding aside, I'm sure there's more where he came from!
Aiyana
So very sorry...Mr Gnome! Hang onto the gnome pieces...you just might be able to use them in a great mosaic sculpture sometime! gail
Thanks for the kind words all. ;)
Awwwwwww! So sorry for your gnome-loss, darlin'. I know the Gnomeslayer meant well; she's such a lovebug, after all. ;)
Post a Comment