When we were walking into the front door yesterday I noticed that some of the buds on the mums were starting to open up. In a week or so we are going to have a real show. :)
It was overcast and raining slightly when we got up this morning, so most of the plans that we had made for the day were cancelled. We went out and got breakfast, and then headed home. We stopped on our way back and watched the Trail of Tears motorcycle ride go through. It is a commemerative ride that helps raise money for scholarships for Native Americans and to remember the Trail of Tears forced march of the Cherokee Indians. When we got home I went out and took some pictures, and got a very small bit of gardening done. Lady Banks has been growing through the slats in the fence, and I saw the neighbors craning around while mowing to avoid it. So I went over on their side this morning and trimmed it back. There were some small planes practicing flying in formation overhead and it added to the entertainment to watch them.
1 comment:
Ahhhh, I love Mums. And nothing says "fall" to me like mums. Happy First Day of Fall!
Post a Comment