The weather has been so pleasant in the evenings that we have been sitting on the back porch more. We watch the sun setting and the bats start to come out and flit through the sky. There is a big field behind our house and it makes us feel almost like we're living further out in the country than we are. I feel so much at peace lately, and so blessed in my life. There is something gut-wrenching about moving, picking up and leaving all that is familiar to you and starting over again. We got a new house and a new job and some new friends, but it still takes a long time before it really feels *right*. It's been odd lately...I haven't been wanting to buy things because I have everything that I need. I haven't even been buying that many books anymore, because I don't have much spare time to read and have a full bookcase, most of which I haven't read. I haven't even been wanting to buy more plants or start more garden beds and would rather maintain the ones that I have and let them grow in.My mom has spent most of her life being unsatisfied with what she has in life. She doesn't take care of the things that she has but promises that she would take care of the new things she wants. I try to explain that if we don't take care of the things that we have then we won't take care of anything else that we get. I also sometimes think that God tests us, and that if we don't take care of the gifts that He has given to us then we won't be given more. So I am trying to revel in the blessings that I have been given and to be content and see what comes my way. :)
P.S. I almost forgot to mention the flower in my picture. :) I was poking around in the garden last night and saw that there are a few rogue blooms and buds on my Butterscotch Jessamine vine. I love the color and light fragrance that it has.
2 comments:
Playing catch up on the blogs this evening. I hear what you are saying about moving, it's hard. Exciting, but hard. We still are trying to find our way, and not sure we have. I also hear you about buying things. These days, the only things I buy are for Little Bit. That darned gal just keeps growing, even though sometimes Mama wishes she'd stay a baby. :)
Cheers, enjoy the wonderful fall evenings, Kiy
I only pretty much buy things for mine too. She is starting to outgrow most of her 9 month things so we're getting winter 12 - 18 month clothes. I'm starting to get sticker shock now because a lot of the clothes for her are costing as much as clothes for me would cost.
Post a Comment