I still have a few rose blooms here and there and one of them is my Angel Face rose. I was pretty amazed that it came back, since it had dropped all of its leaves from Black Spot earlier this spring. I really, really enjoy gardening in late summer/early fall. I ordered some plants from High Country Gardens and they came in Thursday. So today Quickbeam and I went out to get some planting done. I got a Dwarf Goldenrod 'Golden Fleece', Ironweed and New England Aster 'Purple Dome'. I also took the opportunity to clean up some of the other plants that needed to be trimmed back and staked. We got to get about half an hour of work done but it was getting so windy that we had to come back in. We are going to be getting some weather from Hurricane Ike today so we'll be mostly inside-bound.We did get out for breakfast early this morning and went to Another Broken Egg, one of our favorite breakfast spots in town. A cup of coffee on the way back sealed the deal and I am ready to get some relaxing in today. Hope that everyone else has a great weekend. :)

Join
4 comments:
Sounds like a lovely way to spend Sunday. We too are expecting mrain from Ike this evening.
What a nice day you had! I've ordered from High Country Gardens before and though the plants were REALLY small, I would order from them again. I could have sent you some Ironweed, as it grows everywhere here. And it's a good name for it! I tried to break off a bloom while we were out walking one day a couple of weeks ago and even though the stem wasn't that thick, it was awful trying to break it! The deep purple flowers are very pretty.
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! I hope your Toad Lilies do well for you! :-)
I have one odd rose bloom on a climber-- I don't remember it blooming later, but it pushed out one lonely rose. Yours is beautiful!
Angel Face rose is as pretty as its name.
Post a Comment