Monday, September 01, 2008

Mine!

I pulled the name for my blog out of thin air when I started it. When we first got here and went to Across the Pond I saw some goblin garden statues and fell in love with them. Unfortunately we always had a more pressing financial priority and I was never able to get one. A couple of weeks ago when I took my camera along I decided that I would at least take a picture for my blog header.

Since we got back from Florida yesterday and my in-laws don't leave until tomorrow I suggested that we go to Across the Pind so that they could see the Victoria water lily. They also like to garden and see plants so they like going there. While we were there I pointed out the statue to them and told them that's where I got the picture for my blog. They surprised me and bought me the statue for my birthday. So now it is at home in my back yard, and waiting for me to decide how I'm going to reshuffle my plants around this fall. Thanks Mom and Dad, it means a lot to me. :)

3 comments:

Bramblemoon Farm said...

That is such a cool gift:) What great parents you have!

Kiy said...

Oh, I love him too! Can I borrow the folks, while I don't have a garden he'd look delightful on my front porch just snoozing away.

Seriously, I love and adore him. I can see why you fell in love.

Have a super (short!) week, Kiy

Lythrum said...

Thanks guys, I am still so tickled with him. :)