I am a bit in shock today because today 20% of the people in the company that I work for got laid off. I don't think that my job is in jeopardy right now (at least until the next round!) but it is such a grim thing to have happen and makes you think a lot. One was a good friend of mine and the rest were mostly people that I saw and interacted with daily. Definately makes one re-examine economic decisions and think hard about plans for the future. And definately makes one appreciative of the blessing that a job is. :)
5 comments:
Oh gosh! Will keep you guys in our thoughts. Been thinking about you, but have been sending NO emails lately. Time is nuts these days. Toddlers are ... interesting. And interested in every-little-thing. Gosh, she's a tornado.
Kiy
Amen sister! Mine is crawling under, over, behind everything...teetering on the verge of everything, causing more grey everyday. :) I always mean to stay in touch more but never do. Glad you are doing well. :)
That is shocking, went thru a similar situation and it is wise to regroup, assess ones economic goals, save more, just in case, which you sound like you are.
Take care
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! How sad for anyone to lose their job.
Thanks so much. The nice thing is that the company did keep them through the holiday season. I had some relatives that got laid off from work on the day before Thanksgiving. I'm feeling much better today and I even got some pictures to post tomorrow. ;)
Post a Comment