Thursday, January 08, 2009

Painter's Sky

I stepped outside to walk between buildings at work today and had to run back in to grab the camera. The whole sky was covered with the clouds shown in the picture and it was probably one of the most amazing skies that I have ever seen. It looked like an artist's painting.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool indeed.

Kiy said...

Oh my, that is amazing! I love it.

Cheers, Kiy

Tessa said...

If only I could paint! Beautiful. Don't you just love it when you're in the right place at the right time...and your camera is within reach?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lythrum, that is amazing. Thanks for running back in to show us. Our sky was unusual yesterday too, and I also ran for the camera!

Frances

Dave said...

Beautiful picture of the clouds!

Rurality said...

Hi, nice to find another north AL blogger! I'll definitely be back. :)

Jan said...

It looks like a mirrored-reflection that starts out big, up-close, and as it goes backwards, gets smaller and smaller. It is a cool photo;)
Jan

Aiyana said...

Great photo. The clouds are unusual in that they appear to have some dark areas--it seems these types of clouds are usually all white.
Aiyana

Kiy said...

Oh, and you've been tagged. :)

Lythrum said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am also glad when I have a camera within reach when I see something cool. It usually doesn't happen that way, so I have taken to carrying one with me just about everywhere I go. :)

Kylee Baumle said...

How beautiful! I've seen skies like that, but it's been awhile. Thanks for taking the time to capture it and share it with us!