
My mom left this morning and we are getting settled back into our routines. I finally got my tulip bulbs planted. I took Quickbeam out for a walk this afternoon to see what was happening. January is starting as grey and damp as December was.

There aren't a whole lot of things to see, but here and there are a few things of interest. These are the seedheads from my crepe myrtle tree.

I was surprised to see some buds on my Butterscotch Jessamine. I don't know if it is going to frost before it blooms.

And finally, there is still a little life left in the hen and chicks on my succulent bird feeder.
2 comments:
I just got a peak at the elephant in the room...great elephant...must go back! Lots of rain in our part of the world! I did notice they are selling plankets at the big box store ...plant blankets...Boy was I tempted, my sheets don't always protect from late freezes. Gail
My poor plants haven't been covered up in a few years. It's survival of the fittest around here. I always MEAN to whenever I hear a frost warning but somehow I always forget until I am already in bed and there is no way that I'm getting back out. :)
Post a Comment