Sunday, August 17, 2008

Across the Pond

So here's the latest picture of my pond...just kidding folks! Today Quickbeam and I made it over to one of my favorite places on Earth, Across the Pond. Since one of my favorite things to do when I travel is visit gardening centers, I'm going to share some of my local favorites. Across the Pond is a gardening center where you can buy pond things of course, and they have demonstration ponds. The Victoria water lily above is a new addition. I briefly considered trying to grow it once in my previous pond, but after seeing this one I realize that I totally underestimated their size. They also have stone that you can buy in bulk, as well as some pond liners, water plants and fish. The goldfish that I have in my pond came from there. They sell fish from truly immense koi that cost as much as one of my house payments to small goldfish. Here are a few of their larger specimens.
They also sell pots of all sizes and garden statuary. I am truly in love with some of their garden statues and NEED this one in particular since it goes along with my blog name. Unfortunately it's going to have to wait until my bank account rebounds from our move.

I also like their sense of humor. :)

Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

2 comments:

Kiy said...

Love the sign too! I would love a pond in our backyard, but then that would require gardening. And you live on the other side of the country to stop by and tend my garden. :)

Cheers, Kiy

Lythrum said...

If I lived closer I would be happy to. ;)