Sunday, August 24, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday 9/24/2008

We finally got some rain today, mostly due to Hurricane/Tropical Storm Here-Again-Gone-Again Fay. We were supposed to get rain yesterday but it went around us. We finally got a good soak early this morning. We are also supposed to get some Monday and Tuesday. It's been a lazy weekend where we didn't get a whole lot done. We had a few things that we were supposed to do that have been put off. We didn't feel like driving around in the rain. I did decide to order a few plants from High Country Gardens. My tradition is to get a plant or two for my birthday. On my last few trips to the nursery I haven't really found anything that caught my eye. So since my mind has been on rain gardens again lately I ordered an aster, dwarf goldenrod and ironweed. I'm planning on expanding my nature garden this fall and these plants are all good butterfly plants.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love, love, love this picture! And yes, one of these days I promise to start blogging again--don't give up on me!

Lythrum said...

I was very lucky to get this shot. These little butterflies were all over the plant. Every time I would try to get close for a picture they would swarm up and fly around. I guess persistence pays off. :) And breaks are good for everyone, I'm only now getting back into blogging after a pretty long draught. ;)