Sunday, August 31, 2008

Life and Death in the Garden

We got back from Florida late this afternoon. I was so glad to get home that I was just about to bust. Maw's sister is doing better and is back at home resting. She has lupus and they think that her latest problems are related to it. As soon as we got home and got the car unloaded I had to go out and see what was going on in the garden. There didn't seem to be much of anything different going on, so I was going to walk back in the house. I noticed a moth on my caryopteris plant, and that it seemed to be eating in an odd position. I didn't think much of it and started to go back into the house. For some reason I looked a little closer and noticed the white spider that was under the leaf that had captured it.

2 comments:

Aiyana said...

Interesting! Great photo. I've had some death in my garden this week--four trees gone due to 75 mph winds. Very sad.
Aiyana

Lythrum said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your trees. I lost a couple of flowering dogwood trees to hurricanes and I still expected to see them when I looked out the window, ten years later. For some reason trees almost seem to be such a loss, I guess because they are so long lived that we take them for granted.