
I have had elephant ears in most of the places that I have lived. There is something very appealing to me about them. They have the architectural structure of the leaves and stems, and they look very tropical. I saw these in Lowe's and was intrigued by their black stems, so I decided to get them. I planted them out last year and they grew. Around this time last year I noticed an odd looking leaf coming out, and on further investigation I saw a flower on them. Now in all of my years of elephant ear keeping I never got a single flower out of them. I didn't expect much out of them this year because I forgot and left the bulb in the ground over the winter and I thought it died. They came back slowly this year, and now again I have a flower on it. It's definately a very odd flower, but it's another one for my gardening record books. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment