I was looking around in the back garden last night, and was awestruck by the Mum that Ate Alabama. It is getting ready to bloom just about any day now, so I was checking to see if there were any buds opening yet. I have noticed it gradually encroaching on its neighbors, but I figured they'd rebound after it bloomed. And then a thought occured to me that I hadn't seen my Peppermint clematis lately. I peered behind TMTAA and there was my poor clematis, laying prostrate and looking mighty peaked. So that was the final straw. I don't want to lose my clematis after finally coming around to appreciate it. So I got a shovel and evicted my overly boisterous mum. I had an empty pot that I had unsuccessfully tried to grow shade plants in, and planted it in that. It is currently sitting in the front flower bed, well contained, and maybe it will still bloom. The only thing I'm going to have to do is to find a home for it before winter. :)
1 comment:
your goblin gave me a smile
Post a Comment