Saturday, August 16, 2008

Six Random Things

I got tagged by Serdic for this and was trying to still my mind and let some random thoughts bubble up to talk about.

1. Gratitude. This morning Maw was going to go get a haircut and I was going to take Quickbeam to the nursery. It was drizzling a little so I decided to do the nursery later. A few minutes after Maw left the house I got a phone call from him. He'd been in an accident, but he was okay. He'd hit a wet spot in the road and hydroplaned into the ditch. I am so grateful that he wasn't hurt, it could have been so much worse. There was no one else involved, we don't know the extent of the damage to our truck yet. Thank you to the big man upstairs that he was watching over Maw today.

2. Motherhood. There is one thing in my life that everything else pales in comparison to, and that is being my daughter's mother. My whole life has changed because of this little person, and I wouldn't have it any other way. One of the most endearing things to me is when we take her for a walk in her stroller. When I look down at my baby girl, I see three things. Her crop of hair, her ears and her little bitty neck holding it all up. I have tried many times unsuccessfuly to get a good picture of it but have been unable to because she has ESPN that tells her I have a camera and she tries to turn around to see what I'm doing. Watching her trying to take in everything that she sees tugs at my heartstrings.

3. Guitar. I have been playing my guitar more for the last few nights and really enjoying it. Except that Quickbeam is fascinated with the guitar and tries to play it along with me. I seem to be getting a lot of my interests back that I haven't had time for lately.

4. Fall. It isn't going to be too much longer before fall gets here. While I am not a fan of cold weather, I always love when fall comes around. And now that we have the fire pit I would like to have some bonfires outside and possibly marshmallows will be involved.

5. Sweet Tea. I have been obsessively drinking sweet tea lately. Being a daughter of the South I have always been fond of it, but lately it's gotten excessive. I really need to explore the benefits of drinking water more. ;)

6. Sports. I haven't ever been that big of a sports fan, but lately it's been catching on with me. Most likely because Q has the TV on ESPN when I get home from work, and I end up watching it for a while. Football is probably my favorite of all, but I've been keeping up with the gossip from all of them. Oh, and watching Michael Phelps and the Olympics has been just AWESOME!

Okay, I don't really know that many blogging people, so the only ones I can think of to tag are : One hope, one heart and Kat. Take it away gals. ;)

5 comments:

Kiy said...

Awww, your list brought a tug to my heart and a smile. Hoping Maw is okay, how scary but funny how it was that you hadn't left yet. Mysterious ways at work there.

BTW, happy birthday and I love your new fairy. Wow, she's beautiful.

Cheers, Kiy

Rosemary said...

love your 6 random thoughts

Serdic said...

So that's what sweet tea is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_tea

Learn something new everyday.

Lythrum said...

Oh Em Gee...I forget sometimes that you're Canadian Serdic. :) But then in thinking about it you can't get pre-sweetened tea north of say Richmond, VA. They just point you to the sugar packets. It's NOT the same thing darnit! And thanks for the kind words all. :)

Serdic said...

Belated Birthday Lythrum! At least it's an easy on to remember. =)