My mother was here for a visit last weekend and I wanted to take her to our local quiliting/cross stich store. Patches and Stitches has a large selection of material and also cross stitch patterns and threads. I don't cross stitch much (okay, at all) anymore but I do appreciate it when it is well done. So we set out on Saturday morning.It was hard to capture detail on this miniature quilt to make you appreciate its scale, but it was amazing.
Here is the room with the threads in it.
One of the mixed fabric bundles.
And this is my mom, Kay. :)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, the thread ROOM! Oh drool. We don't have a stitching store here (several quilt shops though). Talk about a hardship. :)
Hope you had fun with mom, always nice to have a visit. Did you snag any free babysitting time?
Cheers, Kiy
No, actually her dad watched her while we went shopping a few times. I don't get shopping time without a husband and baby in tow since I can't drive for a while, so I took advantage to get a visit to Hobby Lobby and the quilting store in. :)
What a great shop! My Mom is a quilter and would so appreciate all the threads.
I love your pictures of the clouds and sky so beautiful.
Hi Lythrum, what a wonderful store. I also used to cross stitch and quilt, years ago. I still love fabric and thread though and that store looks like a real treat! The mini quilt was a work of art.
Frances
Post a Comment