Thursday, August 06, 2009

Break!

I am finally on break between classes for a few weeks. Time to catch up on spending time with family, gardening, reading and relaxing. When the Gnomeslayer and I went out for a walk I noticed that my toad lily has finally opened up.

Welcome Home is blooming again. In fact, all of the roses seem to be doing better. I think the threat of getting evicted made them straighten up and fly right.

The bee balm has finally started blooming too. Funny what happens when you aren't watching. :)

5 comments:

Aiyana said...

The Bee Balm is beautiful! Are you taking summer classes or just getting ready to start the fall semester?
Aiyana

Rosemary said...

The rose is lovely and the toadlily beautiful.
Enjoy the break

countrypeapie said...

It really is funny what happens when you aren't watching! I normally check my garden every day, and was becoming impatient waiting for the vegetables to ripen. I skipped one day, and then the very next, I found red ripe tomatoes and yummy green cucumbers, ready to eat!

Val said...

Love you bee Balm. I havn't had much luck with it. Does it need a lot of sun. I'm mostly shade. Any secrets to growing it?
Valerie

Lythrum said...

Mine was planted where it got shade until almost noon, and then full sun the rest of the day. My secret is planting things and ignoring them, and if they live they get to stay. Don't know if that helps any. :)