Friday, August 28, 2009

Rain

It looks like it is going to be another rainy weekend. I know that we need rain, but it has all of the weekdays to do that. So I might try to get out and get some work done in betwen showers. On the bright side, Neptune has been covered with blooms and they have started opening. Considering that it was bare of leaves a month ago, I'd say that's pretty good.
In other news, the toad lily on the porch is still blooming away, in spite of my sporadic watering. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coincidentally, we had rain here too. The plants sure love it. Actually I do too. It's a nice break from summer's hellacious heat.

Kiy said...

Both are simply beautiful, but the toad lily ... wow! I've never seen anything like that.

And as for the rain, send some of it this way? I can't remember the last time we saw rain.

Cheers, Kiy

P.S. Working on the lunch idea, will depend on what time we'd hit your area. Will let you know as we get closer to departure. We'd sure love to!

Lythrum said...

Thanks ladies. :) We have been blessed with a cooler and wetter summer than usual. I am definately not complaining!