Sunday, August 23, 2009

Quiet Time

The Gnomeslayer woke me up this morning before 6:00 a.m. We had some breakfast, and then Q watched her while I went outside and did some garden maintenance. I didn't feel up to the task of the scree garden, so I worked on the front beds. It was a cool morning, and dew was all over the grass. I spent about an hour or so, pulling weeds and trimming hedges. Poison ivy had started growing again by the bush that I evicted it from, so I (carefully!) pulled it and tossed it in the garbage. It was the first time I have been able to fully focus on what I was doing, instead of having to chase the GS around the yard and get her out of things that she shouldn't be getting in to. Usually I give up in frustration and go back in the house before I get much done.

I took her out for several walks today to keep her busy and occupied. The first I took her for a ride in her Fire Truck, then two times we went for a walk around the block. My GS has an obsession with rocks now, and collects them as we walk. She has discovered pockets, and the rocks end up in either hers or ours. We went in the back for a bit and I got the camera out to get some pictures. While I was going in for a closeup of the honeysuckle I realized that I was standing in a fire-ant hill. Ouch! I thought I had gotten them off but missed one so I have a big ant bite on my big toe. The evening was perfect, and the cool weather made me think of fall. Too bad that's still a long way away. :)

1 comment:

Kiy said...

Seems the GS and Danger Girl are on the same time zone already. Emi's new trick is to wake sometime between four and six. Oh my.