The second recipe that I cooked was Colorado Curried Lentil Stew. I have been a fan of lentils since I was a young E-3 in the Marine Corps living on a tight budget. Whenever I make lentil stew it reminds me of my Uncle Roger. Roger had seven kids and never had much money. He did love to cook though, and most times when we visited him he would be puttering around in the kitchen. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. This recipe turned out very good. Thankfully the husband likes lentils too. Curry is something that had to grow on me, but I am very fond of now. I had to do some adaptations from the original recipe due to differences in things that I had on hand. The nice thing is that I have enough leftovers for lunches for the week.
So now to pick out next weekend's recipes.
- Pork Goulash Ritz-Carlton
- Liz Clark's Iowa Coffee Beef Stew
- Georgia Brunswick Stew
4 comments:
Hi Lythrum, glad I went back and got caught up with your posts before making an uninformed comment about how this was so similar to Julie and Julia. There has been so much press about this movie, I feel like I have already seen it although I probably won't until it comes out on rental. Love your cooking technique, use what you have. I think the white beans are fine, better even than the kidney anyway. And am a big fan of lentils too. Yum! :-) Too bad about the scree garden. I would not even use the landscape fabric, but am pretty sold on many layers of newsprint. Sounds like you need some kind of edger to keep the grass away too, or a barrier of stone or bricks? Don't give up! :-)
Frances
Yum! I am so thankful that my kids like lentils -- we eat them with rice all the time! One of my favorite cookbooks these days is Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson -- my sister-in-law gave it to me and I highly recommend it.
darn about the recipes but looking forward to what you do next.
Thanks for visiting ladies!
Post a Comment