
I figured that I would take a break from lots of pictures of flowers with raindrops on them and talk about something else. Back in the late 90's we went back to Arkansas for a visit and while we were there we stopped by the
Ozark Folk Center. One of the things that I was fascinated by was the brooms that one of the crafters was making. They are truly works of art. I picked one up, and for years it was the broom that I used to sweep our floors. Now we have updated to a Swiffer sweeper and don't use it, so I have it out on the back porch to sweep off the patio. It has stood up remarkably well, at least until the GS discovered it and started playing with it every time she went out in the back yard. It has been left out in the rain a couple of times now, but still does the job. Next time we head up that way I will have to see if I can find another. :)
6 comments:
Hi Lythrum, what a beauty! I love hand made brooms and have a collection, most from a man in North Carolina, all treasured. I have even made a few myself. One year on a visit to Colonial Williamsburg at Christmas time, they had seeds for broomcorn for sale. I planted them, learned online how to make brooms and used up all the corns. I was never able to find seeds again, a one shot deal. You should try to make one yourself! So fun. :-)
Frances
I thinkmaking brooms would be really cool. I saw that Victory Seeds and Gurneys gad broomcorn seed for sale. I'll have to see what the schedule is like for next year. :)
What a beautiful broom! Bet the GS isn't as tough on brooms as goats are :D I was out cleaning stalls at the barn this weekend and one of the goats kept sneaking in to chew on a broom!
As always, love your pix!
Love the broom, I too love things like that. Can't go wrong with handmade anything!
BTW, the GS is now working on BroomSlayer?
Cheers,
Kiy
What a lovely handicrafted broom.. still looks very good to me.
I've been away from the blogs for a while -- so many beautiful things to see here! Love the broom. We saw some old fashioned broom presses when we vacationed in Tennesse last year.
Post a Comment